Resources For HBOT Users
- IHMA (International Hyperbaric Medical Association), whose goals are to improve public health by implementing high ethical and scientific standards for hyperbaric medicine; promoting sound hyperbaric research and treatment protocols; educating the medical community, the general public, decision makers and policy experts about the benefits of hyperbaric medicine and adjunctive therapies; and working to make HBOT more universally available and affordable.
- MUMS, a support organization for families or care providers of children with rare disorders or medical conditions and also for service providers who assist these families.
- IHA, International Hyperbarics Association, an educational and charitable organization focusing on the needs of the hyperbaric community.
- ALL YouTube videos on HBO, ALL conditions.
- (brain injury, autism) May Institute provides educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services to individuals with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, mental illness, and behavioral health needs. The Institute also provides training and consultation services to professionals, organizations, and public school systems.
- Anna Jaques Hospital’s listing of support groups (not online meet-ups), with telephone numbers and emails of the support group coordinator. AJH is located in Newburyport, MA, but support groups may be held in Amesbury, Haverhill, and Salisbury.
- (mitochondrial) Mitochondrial Disease Action Committee, MitoAction.org. MitoAction’s mission is to improve quality of life for all who are affected by mitochondrial disorders through support, education and advocacy initiatives.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, to help families who need housing while their seriously ill children are receiving medical treatment away from home.
International Hyperbaric Medical Association
Implementing standards, promoting sound protocols, educating benefits of hyperbaric medicine and working to make HBOT more universally available and affordable.
MUMS National Parent-to-Parent Network
a support organization for families or care providers of children with rare disorders or medical conditions and also for service providers who assist these families
(brain injury, autism)
educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services to individuals with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, mental illness, and behavioral health needs.
to improve quality of life for all who are affected by mitochondrial disorders through support, education and advocacy initiatives.
Where members include physicians and medical professionals interested in the latest in integrative and complementary medicine, including HBOT. Site includes a ‘doctor locator,’ which may help you choose a provider in your area.
Where you can join groups about health topics that concern you and make friends who share your health interests.
An online patient site, where you can find patients with conditions similar to you, help others, and learn from other patients. Also, medical professionals often offer insights.
Where you can find a therapist or other professional near your zipcode, and read several therapy-related blogs.
Offering forums and research, including the Neurorecovery Network.
The Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation (CanLyme) was formed to provide the public, including medical professionals, with balanced and validated information on Lyme disease and related coinfections.
- Dr. Neubauer, a pioneer in the area of hyperbaric oxygen for neurological conditions, like cerebral palsy (and brain injury).
- YouTube videos on HBO, showing neurologic applications of hyperbaric oxygenation and the potentially recoverable brain, treating stroke, coma, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, anoxic encephalopathy and multiple sclerosis patients.
- ALL YouTube videos on HBO, ALL conditions
- Google Videos, ALL hyperbaric oxygen therapy videos (ALL conditions) on Google Videos. Just search for the condition you are interested in learning more about.
- Western Canada HBO center’s video gallery covering many conditions – TBI, autism, coma, disc herniation, cerebral palsy, brain injury, and more.
- Montel Williams, HBOT and mitochondrial disease, another strong testimonial.
- MedOnline, a plethora of free HBOT educational videos used by medical professionals. A valuable resource for anyone interested in how HBO works!
- YouTube video, hyperbaric oxygen explained.
- (lyme) Under Our Skin, a documentary on Lyme disease and the contrasting views on current approaches to treating Lyme. It “exposes the hidden story of Lyme disease, one of the most serious and controversial epidemics of our time.”
A repository of older full-text studies (search by keyword) and access to many HBOT abstracts. We appreciate the help that the Rubicon (and UHMS) folks have given the HBO community over the years.
Department of Health & Human Services Technology Assessment
A Horizon Scan: Uses of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (PDF)
- Health Central, a searchable repository of articles (e.g. search by keywords “hbot” and your condition).
- Alliance for Natural Health (on HBOT), study reaffirms “Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Should Be Standard Treatment for Veterans.”
- Oxygen Biotherapeutics, an interesting company investing in oxygen (not in any way related to HOPE-Connection, of course).
- (lyme) Essay When to Suspect Lyme, by John Bleiwess, M.D., a masterfully written essay and considered to be the best article about LD. (sent to us by Mike) (very informative)
- (lyme) Educational Lyme links (various articles and links)
- (lyme) Lyme Disease and Treatment with HBOT, explanation and Fife protocol.
Helpful Links and Friend Pages
- (tbi) Abesnet (501(c)3), a one-stop information website for disabled veterans who suffered a brain injury. Start here for financial aid application.
- Oh Life, useful to keep an private journal of your experience and track the effects of HBOT.
- Infinite Potential Program (RI-based), uses a unique, neurologically-based approach with the spectrum disorders like learning disabilities, dyslexia, ADD/HD, language and auditory processing problems, movement disorders, Tourette’s syndrome, as well as a wide range of genetic, traumatic and congenital disorders.
- The Option Institute (Option.org), uses a time-tested approach to changing families and individuals (and individuals with autism).
- (lyme) History of Lyme Disease (sent to us by Mike) (very informative)
- (lyme) Lab Tests for Lyme Disease – an excellent explanation of inaccuracy of lab testing, by Tom Grier (sent to us by Mike) (very helpful)
- (lyme) Lyme Info (sent in by Mike Mcallister.)
- (tbi) Match Therapy Partners (501(c)3), started by those families and individuals who want to raise awareness and accessibility for non-reimbursable modalities and therapies.
(ICA) is the only nonprofit association dedicated solely to improvingthe quality of healthcare and lives of people living with interstitial cystitis (IC).
Vision is to create a community of support that reaches every child, adult, and caregiver affected by a mitochondrial disease.
Get Started Right Now
Are you ready to learn about how HBOT can help you or your family member?
Leave your information, and we will be in touch to review your questions and whether or not HBOT is suitable.
In full support of the FDA, Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) for indications other than the 13 UHMS-approved indications is considered 'off-label.' The content and information provided on this website is for informational and educational purposes only. We encourage all to consult with their doctor before pursuing any form of medical treatment, including HBO. The information provided within this site is not to be considered medical advice. Please consult with your primary care doctor. Our staff doctor can work with your physician and current medical team.
HOPE uses 100% oxygen, mHBOT, and hard-steel mono- and multi-place chambers.